Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Welcomes and greets people coming into the CNIB office, helping as required.
- Provides information to the public and those with vision loss regarding CNIB services and programs – by phone or in person.
- Promotes participation in CNIB Foundation Programs.
- Assists with client referral process and entry of data into CNIB data base.
- Provides administrative support to Foundation Team by tracking and entering attendance in CNIB data base, tracking volunteer hours, completing weekly store documents.
- Assists with demonstration of products, and tracks product sales
- Responds to on-line or in-person enquiries regarding local volunteer opportunities.
- Maintains and ensures a good supply of pamphlets, brochures and other handouts are available.
- Maintain records of actions including individuals spoken to in-person or by telephone.
- Other duties as required, may include: keyboarding/data entry, sending faxes or emails, tidy and/or restock area
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program
- High School diploma
- Administrative experience or experience in not-for-profit organization an asset
- Strong customer service skills and focus is essential
- Knowledge of assistive technology an asset or willingness to learn and demonstrate various assistive devices
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong word processing skills; experience with MS Office
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and have demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when engaged with persons with sight loss
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.