This position provides administrative support and program support for the CNIB Braille room and CNIB's Literacy Program (both national and GTA-based). This position is a 1-year contract with full-time hours.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
Administrative and customer service responsibilities:
- Maintains customer relations and coordinates communications with braille Volunteers, current braille students and new applicants.
- Support braille room staff and volunteers, ensuring appropriate human resources planning, effective coaching and goals achievement. Assist with recruitment and training of new braille volunteers and students.
- Assists with development and delivery of materials for braille courses and process students' certification.
- Schedules and tracks training of new and existing braille students.
- Monitor and update department website.
- Help with data entry of new volunteers in Salesforce and track volunteers' hours.
- Monitor braille room email and correspondence.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the Braille room services for fielding inquiries as they occur.
- Assists with development and execution of events.
- Develop, manage and distribute accessible TD Summer Reading Club materials (includes liaison with CNIB Shared Services, Accessible Production and external vendors and stakeholders)
- social media and some original content development to support the accessible TD Summer Reading Club
- Assist with promotion and management of the Braille Creative Writing Contest entries and judging process
- Assist with research, production and outreach related to CNIB's national early literacy initiatives including the Readasaurus Kit
- Facilitate promotion of braille through programs such as the GTA Community Hub's Braille Club (working with participants, volunteers and community partners)
- Other projects as assigned
- College or University diploma/degree in a related field such as office administration, communications/marketing.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year related experience.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to work independently.
- Flexible and dynamic with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Professional attitude, self-starter and flexible to an evolving program department.
- Working knowledge of word processing, desktop publishing, presentation software, and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
- Some physical work to pack and unpack materials required
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.