In this role, you will create real change for Canadians who are blind by:
Keeping the participant's voice at the heart of the work we do:
- Develop and implement an effective Ambassador and public outreach strategy in Manitoba
- Increase the involvement of blind and partially sighted Advocates and Ambassadors in CNIB advocacy initiatives
- You will help make CNIB the organization of choice for volunteers – promoting our commitment to volunteer engagement at every opportunity and developing the active volunteer base needed to support local operations.
- You will develop and foster an inclusive, empowered culture where every volunteer and participant feel their contributions towards our mission are equally valued and respected.
- You will lead by example in bringing our values to life – supporting your volunteers and colleagues with passion, determination, ambition and a positive spirit to change people’s lives, and society itself.
Developing, delivering and monitoring best-in-class programs:
- You will develop implementation plans to maximize the success of CNIB's Ambassador and Advocate programs
- Plan, coordinate and deliver high quality Ambassador and Advocate training workshops and seminars in person, via teleconference and online
- Work collaboratively with community stakeholders to raise awareness of sight loss issues and CNIB's services
- Building, supporting and enhancing the visibility of CNIB's advocacy and public awareness efforts in the community
- Represent CNIB in the media on advocacy issues relating to vision loss
- You will keep abreast of best practices and new developments in programming for people who are blind, and proactively bring forward ideas on how to improve all aspects of the workshops and seminars.
Building strong community relationships:
- You will develop and steward strong and effective partnerships with community organizations that are aligned to and/or can help further our mission, including other service delivery organizations, funding agencies, etc.
- You will conduct information sessions within the hospitality industry and ride companies to apprise them of the legislation regarding guide dogs and their handlers' access to venues and services
- You will work with business and industry regarding the built environment and the accessibility and accommodations required to support people with sight loss
- You will work closely with CNIB’s Philanthropy team to help foster donor investment in CNIB's Advocate and Ambassador programs
- You will work closely with Vision Loss Rehabilitation Manitoba professionals to further CNIB's mission to change the lives of Canadians who are blind or partially sighted
- You will be a key local ambassador for CNIB, representing and promoting the organization at all relevant external events
- You will ensure that CNIB's outreach work is inclusive and reaching a diverse audience that reflects the demographics of Manitoba.
- Liaison at all levels with external community partners, agencies, donors, volunteers, staff and participants to support and implement program goals
- Develop, encourage and promote effective partnerships and community relations that support the Foundation's mission
- Work closely with the and collaborate effectively with management, peers, staff and volunteers.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact
- Ability to provide effective solutions to routine as well as complicated problems utilising diplomacy analysis, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to respond to and resolve participant/staff/volunteer issues in a timely manner.
- This position works under the general guidance of National/Divisional program guidelines and standards, and has autonomy on daily operational activities
- Regular consultation with the management team on operational issues requiring escalation.
- Facilitate and enhance team-efforts on a professional level and share specialized knowledge, experience, concepts, and skills
- Provide positive leadership, coaching and management support to staff and volunteers within the program delivery team.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A track record of successful people management encompassing leading, managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to plan and deliver clear communications to a dispersed audience
- Effectively demonstrates understanding and championing of diversity and accessibility issues
- Experience in coordinating advocacy-based events
- Experience in delivering training workshops and devising and delivering presentations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, problem definition and problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills; proactive in initiating multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Professional attitude, results oriented, strategic and flexible.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in program development and delivery within a charity/not-for-profit organization
- Knowledge and experience working in a not-for-profit or charity
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to work from different locations
- Moderate travel will be required
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Dan.Vodon@virehab.ca.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.