The position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic plan for the Accessible Neighbourhood campaign (phases, location, activities, timeline, need for volunteers, etc.);
- Create the Accessible Neighbourhood project and get it underway;
- Increase awareness among merchants, the public and institutions in the neighbourhood about loss of vision;
- Promote the services of the CNIB Foundation among the public, institutions and merchants in the neighbourhood;
- Develop a communication plan to promote the campaign (find sponsors, contact the media, prepare news releases, etc.);
- Recruit and manage the team of volunteers needed to succeed (identify requirements, prepare announcements, monitor the volunteer recruitment process);
- Support and work with the Lead, Adapted Technology; and
- Seek out potential partners or collaborators.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- People skills, autonomy, persuasiveness and positive attitude;
- Ability to reach out to others;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Knowledge of the use of social media networks;
- Good writing skills
- Good understanding of the organization and its priorities.
Experience and Education
- College degree in communication or a related field (underway or completed);
- Bilingual French and English (spoken and written) and
- Project management or communication work experience an asset.
- Prepared to work in an open concept environment;
- Six-month contract, 35 hours/week; and
- Option of working from home.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact mailto:email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.