- Work alongside the Program Lead to organize, coordinate, and facilitate summer camp activities for youth who are blind or partially sighted
- Connect with families and youth to invite them to take part in the summer camp activities
- Help organize and plan for other group program activities as needed
- Compile an impact report at the end of the summer camp experience to identify highlights, summary of activities, and impact of the program
- Work with the Chief Accessibility Officer and members of the A&I team to organize and host accessibility standards consultations within CNIB
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Accessibility and Inclusion Champions Network
- Work with the Chief Accessibility Officer and members of the A&I team to compile the organization’s annual accessibility report
- Research best practices and innovations for inclusion within CNIB’s updated Clear Print Guidelines
- Have experience organizing and facilitating programs and activities for youth
- Experience working with youth who are blind or partially sighted (not required but would be an asset)
- Experience working independently and as part of a team environment;
- Critical thinking and analytic skills, and experience with maintaining confidentiality and discussing sensitive issues;
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Caitlin.Bruce@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.