Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Continuously reviews accounting processes to identify efficiencies and streamline operations.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner, accounts receivable are collected promptly, payroll is processed accurately and in a timely manner, and that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and maintains a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets of CNIB and the outside entities, as well as the tracking of actual results versus budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Performs or reviews all related reconciliations, ensuring completion on a regular basis and that results are posted to the financial statements prior to distribution.
- Ensures that retail sales tax remittance and payments for CNIB and the outside entities are in accordance with legislation and supervises the preparation of the necessary documentation to recover overpayments.
- On occasion supports the outside entities in examining their status (not-for-profit, charity) and assist in researching and implementing of any changes to their status if required.
- Participates in special projects and other tasks as required.
- Oversee the accounting operations of related entities especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, and contract negotiations.
- Provide as required information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Candidate should hold a CPA designation.
- Proficient in the use of computer software application, including highly competent knowledge of accounting software and Excel.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: January 18, 2019
Please Send the Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.