- Assist in the planning and implement of child and youth programs
- Coordinate applications, conduct interviews of prospective participants
- Respond to inquiries regarding summer programs and expansion of new programs
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers for camp and coordinate volunteer orientation session as well as required materials
- Ensure participants have all necessary materials in preferred format
- Research and arrange activities with third party organizations, recreational groups and gust speakers
- Facilitate session for programs in conjunction with VLRO (Vision Loss Rehabilitation Ontario) and GTA Foundation staff and other guest speakers
- Attend planning session for all summer programs
- Assist program leads with all administrative tasks related to the programs
- Assist with program content development based on previous years’ evaluations and research in the field, where available
- Arrange for guest speakers and follow up with all necessary correspondence and administration
- Communicates in a professional manner, both written and orally, at both internal and external levels as required.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the departments
- Works with Foundation staff to prepare and update volunteer position descriptions.
- Actively posts volunteer opportunities and researches other areas of the GTA of where volunteers can be recruited.
- In consultation with staff, ensures volunteers have an opportunity to share and receive feedback.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the program recruitment strategy.
- Actively researches potential community allies, partners and community groups in Peel Region.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community groups,
- Develops progress reports on Community Outreach and partnership development
- Develops community outreach and partnership tools and learning materials
- Manages the GTA Expansion project within Peel
- Conduct and implement focus groups, interviews and survey assessments to identify gaps and requirements; to support specific diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years experience working within the sight loss community
- A personal history of volunteerism.
- Volunteer Management Certificate from accredited program an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Travel across the region will be required.
- Provides leadership in executing the volunteer management and programming cycle.
- Able to recognize and prepare volunteers for multiple roles.
- Key communicator to all stakeholders regarding volunteer services and program offerings.
- Strong research and evaluation skills
- Ability to take initiative and adhere to deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations and group training sessions.
- Proven supervisory and coaching skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.-Detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent multi-project and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Filomena.DiRuscio@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.