- Works with Foundation staff to prepare and update volunteer position descriptions.
- Actively posts volunteer opportunities and researches other areas of the GTA of where volunteers can be recruited.
- Actively recruits, interviews and screens volunteers.
- In consultation with staff, ensures volunteers have an opportunity to share and receive feedback.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the program recruitment strategy.
- Actively researches potential community allies, partners and community groups in York Region.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with community groups, community partners, allies and other stakeholders in York Region
- Works alongside the Team Lead of Advocacy and Community Engagement to recruit, manage and organize the Diversity Champion Ambassadors and the Diversity Advisory Committee
- Develops progress reports on Community Outreach and partnership development
- Develops community outreach and partnership tools and learning materials
- Supports the Diversity and Inclusion Initiative as needed
- Manages the GTA Expansion project within York
- Conduct and implement focus groups, interviews and survey assessments to identify gaps and requirements; to support specific diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven knowledge and skills in the volunteer management cycle, including: program planning and development, recruitment, screening, selection and placement, orientation and training, supervision and evaluation, and recognition and retention.
- Experience coordinating Diversity, Inclusion and/or Accessibility projects
- Experience in partnership development and community engagement
- Strong research and evaluation skills
- Ability to take initiative and adhere to deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations and group training sessions.
- Proven supervisory and coaching skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent multi-project and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficient in the use of Raiser’s Edge Volunteer Module, or comparable volunteer information management system.
- Advocacy experience an asset
- A personal history of volunteerism.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Travel across the region will be required.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Filomena.DiRuscio@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.