- Help plan and implement fundraising events, including but not limited to: creation of sponsorship materials, marketing and communication plans, committee work
- Help plan and implement stewardship opportunities, including but not limited to: events, communications and social media
- Work closely with volunteers, including but not limited to recruitment, training and stewardship
- Proactively seek community outreach opportunities to connect with and/or expand on relationships with distinct organizations, i.e. Veterans, Aboriginal groups, United Way, Housing, LIONS etc.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive communications specific to each geographic area
- Cultivate relationships with local health and community organizations through lunch and learns/coffee hours
- Develop processes and systems to track and distribute relevant information; example contact lists for Open Houses, Presentations
- Support staff with specialized programs and groups
- Work with Program Leads to identify clients that are matched for programs and assist client in pursuing community based recreation, education and social activities
- Under staff direction organize and conduct client satisfaction survey, complete report with recommendations
- Supports as a CNIB Ambassadors represent CNIB Program at relevant fairs/exhibitions/public awareness events
- Complete evaluation at end of their applicant placement to provide feedback on experience and future recommendations
- Develop shared project management database for access to tasks, schedules, timelines, to-do lists, updates, tracking, planning and assignments
- Perform any necessary administrative duties
- Completion of Hadley course: “Blindness Basics”
- Other duties as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Excellent computer skills; strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills and effective communicator among a diverse audience
- Superior interpersonal skills, including ability to relate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Criminal record check will be a condition of employment
- First Aid an asset
Experience and Education
- Minimum two years' post-secondary education in communications background
- Experience working with individuals with complex needs an asset
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations;
- Applicants will receive CNIB orientation
- Applicants will be trained in Sighted Guide
- Applicants will receive Health & Safety training
- Increased knowledge of issues relating to persons who are blind or visually impaired
- First Aid/CPR
- Willingness to work flexible hours; occasional evenings and weekends base on client need
- Must be able to travel to community meetings, presentations, and appointments
- Must have access to vehicle; travel expenses not compensated
- * May be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion based on client need.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Annemarie.email@example.com
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.