- Provide support with the development and implementation of interactive activities and programming for children, youth and seniors.
- Inclusively facilitate sport and recreation programs for our children, youth and seniors regardless of income.
- Promote participation of children, youth and seniors in planned activities.
- Assist and interact with clients in the CNIB shop by demonstrating and providing information on assistive devices.
- Coordinate community outreach efforts with regional and local CNIB foundation staff.
- Provide communication support such as key messages, social media and program offerings.
- Support CNIB public policy initiatives.
- Other duties assigned.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated interest in community involvement.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and Regulation.
- Preferred candidate will be youth who is blind or partially sighted.
- Knowledge and experience working with children and youth.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Mature and responsible
- Must be able to work independently
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Duane.Morgan@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.