Reporting to the General Manager, Lake Joseph Centre, this role is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the centre’s programs, providing leadership and direction to staff and volunteers, while delivering programs and services to guests.
In covering a broad range of duties, this position has the responsibility for program development and delivery, and provides support with administration and promotion of the Lake Joseph Centre.
Under the general guidance of CNIB and Ontario Camps Association (OCA) policies and standard practices, and working in collaboration with General Manager this position will:
- Coordinate daily operation and program functions of Lake Joseph Camp, including the planning and implementing all programs including on- and off-site activities; develop weekly program schedules for staff and volunteers to meet the needs of the guests and the current industry and association standards
- Utilize supportive management techniques to provide supervision to seasonal staff; with the General Manager, complete selection of new employees, provide the required orientation and training; manage performance and development; and recognize accomplishments
- Within the spirit of the Canadian Code for Volunteer Engagement, fosters a Culture of Volunteerism through the coordination, recruitment, supervision, recognition and retention of volunteers
- Work with the General Manager to implement marketing strategies, presentations and proposals for prospective clients/markets; support Ontario Communications team in efforts to promote Lake Joseph Centre via social media, website, resources
- Make recommendations to the General Manager regarding new program initiatives and ideas to promote “best guest experience”
- Identify Philanthropy opportunities, and in collaboration with the General Manager, foster a Culture of Philanthropy, and work with the Philanthropy staff to support fundraising activities for the Centre
- In collaboration with the General Manager, support the planning, implementation and monitoring of the operational budget for the Lake Joseph Centre
- In collaboration with the General Manager and other CNIB departments, support the development or revision of relevant camp operational policies and procedures, and assist with program evaluation to ensure policies and standards are met
- Participate in planning and evaluation cycle for each camp season (pre-registration, etc.)
- Ensure adherence to current Health and Safety legislation and requirements and assist in the implementation of a risk management strategy
- Plan and coordinate the support and infrastructure requirements for programs/services and special needs of the guest group
- Work with internal and external staff, community partners, agencies to plan and implement successful program-based sessions
- Manage the travel and accommodations for volunteers and staff
- Measure the activities of all business operations and maintain statistical information
- As required, assist with the coordination of all Lake Joseph bookings, including confirming guest reservations, receiving guest payments, updating databases and preparing invoices for rental groups
- Conduct general administration duties
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but are not exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirement
- Demonstrated knowledge of supportive management skills including programming principles and facilities administrations
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and “best guest experience”
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good relationship/team building and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders; approachable
- Demonstrated decision making skills; self directed
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills; proactive in initiating multiple projects on an ongoing basis
- Professional attitude, results oriented, strategic and flexible
- Understanding of Health and Safety legislation/requirements
- Computer proficiency (Micro Soft Access, Word and Excel
Education and Experience
- Minimum three years' experience in a leadership/managerial role with experience in program development; planning and delivering camp or community programs. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Knowledge and experience in managing the operations of a recreation program
- Previous experience within an Ontario Camps Association (OCA) accredited camp an asset
- Knowledge and experience in working in not for profit, in the field of vision loss desired
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management practices, principles and facilities administration
- Ability to plan and coordinate trips and transportation
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring a budget
- Current Police Record Check is required
- Class F ON Driver’s License (or ability to acquire)
- Current Driver’s Abstract is required
- Current Bronze Cross/NLS is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
- Willingness to work flexible hours and live on site (response to any emergencies) and work Standard Camp Hours May through October
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to work from the Lake Joseph Centre office during the off season (October through April)
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Eugene.Chong@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.