- Provides assistance to blind and partially sighted for the Assistive Devices Program
- Manage a high volume of client inquiries concerning date of last authorization/ ability to make a new claim for equipment, and ADP process for first time claimants
- Triage referrals determining which category a claim will be made under, verify if Eye Doctor Referrals is current and contains all necessary info to qualify (date of exam, diagnosis, acuities).
- Place client on wait list or contact client directly if flagged as a priority
- Contact clients at top of waitlist to determine if eligibility criteria is met prior to booking (no recent claim, ability to type, ability to afford admin fee and cost of equipment, Book clients for Sight Substitution or Sight Enhancement assessments)
- Request intervenors and interpreters where needed
- Daily processing of ADP claims, assisting during assessments with signing documents, collecting fees and other visual duties
- Data entry: entering leases for equipment in Seepac database and ordering equipment CCTV's
- Handling money and processing fees with accounting
- Maintains all case data and documentation consistent with VLRC system and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity, as well as possessing emotional and social stability when working with clients.
- Demonstrates strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Possesses a mature and professional demeanour.
- Skilled in Microsoft software applications and ability to effectively care for computer hardware, and learn various applications as applicable for the position.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary education and/or prior experience in Occupational Therapy Assistant, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Previous working/volunteering experience working with individuals who are blind or partially sighted or a combined loss of hearing and sight.
- Excellent Driving Record; drivers abstract is required.
- Clean Criminal Record required; Criminal Reference Check required for vulnerable populations.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Sue.Marsh-Woods@vlrehab.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.