Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Attend the Knitting Club, Tech it Out, the CNIB Drop-In, and other CNIB programs to provide sighted assistance
- Complete surveys over the phone with clients who’ve attended a CNIB program to gauge CNIB's success rate and ways to improve it
- Complete reminder calls to people who have expressed interest in participating
- Connect with clients with vision loss who have not received a service in a while to inform them of CNIB's programs and to update our current database for more efficient future communication
- Provide front desk support including answering phones and inquiries, greeting people at the door, and data entry
- Demonstrate products and complete sales transactions in Shop CNIB
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and superior interpersonal skills
- Portray the appropriate professional image
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups of people (10 – 15)
- Highly flexible and able to respond to new tasks; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven time management, planning, coordinating and organization skills
Experience and Education:
- Experience in coordinating events
- Volunteer engagement and leadership experience
- Personal or professional experience relating to blindness and vision loss is considered an asset and candidates are encouraged to disclose
- Based in the CNIB Halifax Center
- Reports to the Lead, Recreation
- Willingness to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.