Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- Leads and facilitates a large data collection project to guide Foundation programming objectives and communication strategies.
- Assists in the research, planning, implementation, and evaluation of Foundation programs as assigned. This may include but not limited to: research, program administration, participant engagement and logistics.
- Responds to inquiries regarding programs.
- Assists with program content alongside the Program Lead.
- Arranges and accompanies participants on day trips for Leisure Programs.
- Assists with pre-screening and documentation collection for new volunteer applicants.
- Reception coverage during staff vacation peaks.
- General office support to the Foundation as assigned.
- Ability to refer to the appropriate CNIB/VLRO Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be blind or partially sighted in order to participate in the CNIB Internship/Returnship Program.
- High School diploma.
- Must have interest in group programming and related activities.
- 1-2 years experience in a customer service position.
- Good computer skills, use of MS Office, Internet, Email.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of technical aids and devices for people with vision loss is an asset.
- Must be mature and responsible.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel independently.
- Good word processing skills; experience with MS Office.
- Flexible, open to change, a team player and have demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss.
- Positive attitude focused on total agency success and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Dan.Vodon@vlrehab.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.