Under the general guidance of departmental guidelines and standards:
- Analyze materials arriving in the department for potential problems.
- Validate and proofread the content for markup and structural accuracy.
- Identify and troubleshoot validation errors.
- Document and report issues while performing quality control checks on the content.
- Assist in the development and execution of remedial steps to ensure file integrity of the finished text.
- Familiarity with text markup languages (e.g. SGML, XML, HTML).
- Solid understanding of applying semantic markup principles to structured data required.
- Familiarity with validation tools; e.g. DTDs, schemas.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with, DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) and/or accessibility standards is an asset.
- Proven time management and organization skills; amenable to changing priorities, deadlines and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner.
- Ability to master appropriate tools and resources to achieve optimum results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages an asset.
Experience and Education
- Post-secondary education in computer science, humanities or a related field.
- One to three years’ working experience in a proofreading/editing role.
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment; advanced word processing skills.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.