Administrative Assistant General Responsibilities:
- Promptly answer and direct all incoming telephone calls to the appropriate personnel;
- Greet visitors and walk-in clients to the Calgary office and promptly direct them to the appropriate personnel, department, or salesroom;
- When required, screen incoming calls and clients and provide requested assistance where appropriate, e.g., contacting Access Calgary. Client confidentiality to be kept at all times.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, deliveries and fax correspondence; prepare courier pouches and bills of lading for routine pick-ups; complete courier slips for all departments;
- Process outgoing mail and monitor postage meter to ensure sufficient postage;
- Opening and closing the Calgary office each day, ensuring all areas are secure;
- Under direction of supervisor, monitor levels of office supplies;
- Maintain brochure stock at reception;
- Organize and maintain reception desk and visitor reception area with support from volunteers;
- Maintain staff check-in/out;
- Oversee vehicle bookings and maintenance, including taking vehicles for routine servicing;
- Provide clerical support to assigned staff/departments as directed by supervisor;
- Oversee the booking of the multipurpose room, ensuring required audio equipment is available and relevant access has been provided;
- May assist with special events held by office/division as assigned by supervisor.
Driver Guide General Responsibilities:
- Drive staff with vision loss, provide support and orientation at their destination.
- Ensures that CNIB vehicles are maintained and reports problems to supervisor or designate.
- When vehicle requires service/repair work, driver transports to/picks up the vehicle at the authorized location.
- Maintains emergency kits for the vehicle.
- May transport clients and other deliveries as directed by CNIB.
- Participates in regular staff meetings.
- Performs any other related duties as requested.
- Assists in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the entire office;
- Participates in committees and team meetings, as required.
Problem Solving/Time Frame of Impact:
- Ensures team tasks and goals are carried out in a timely fashion to meet organizational goals;
- Able to manage multiple tasks, while still meeting deadlines and producing high-quality work.
- Works under the general direction of divisional guidelines and standards but has latitude in making decisions on routine tasks;
- Consults with supervisor on issues that are more complex or may require upper level approval;
- Exercises judgment and tact when dealing with individuals and knowing when to elevate issues to the next level;
- Commitment to maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- The ability to function with limited supervision when required;
- Maintains a positive attitude focused on total company success.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office including word processing and experience working in a database environment including queries;
- Requires excellent verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with difficult situations or individuals;
- Proven interpersonal and customer service skills.
Experience and Education
- High School graduate plus job-related experience;
- Minimum 1-2 years reception or administrative experience.
- Excellent Driving Record, drivers abstract is required.
- Respects the importance of confidential information while effectively functioning as a team member or working independently;
- This position may have to deal with difficult situations or people.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Kathleen.DeLay@cnib.ca
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.