STD and LTD:
• Proactively manages day-to-day STD/LTD disability claims within the contractual terms and conditions of eligibility and coverage;
• Supports the implementation and maintenance of policies, processes and programs that promote and support employees in maintaining regular attendance at work;
• Actively participates in regular meetings with our third-party disability Case Manager in managing our claims with the goal to have the employee return to work;
• Facilitate and promote an early and safe return to work in conjunction with the HR Managers and Management;
• Develop accommodation and return to work workplans;
• Advise and promote health programs to prevent disabilities and to maximize employee wellness; and
• Develop training programs to engage and educate employee wellness.
Work Place Injuries:
• Oversee the health and safety program and provide guidance to management and the health and safety committees;
• Evaluate and provide recommendations of best practices to prevent workplace injuries;
• Ensure all claims are managed effectively in compliance with provincial WSIB legislation to minimize lost time and expenses;
• Support early and safe return to work of employees;
• Monitor and evaluate accident frequency for the purpose of improvement, prevention and cost reduction;
• Provide ongoing contact with the employee and initiate timely interventions and follow-ups to ensure appropriate treatment and progress is being made;
• Review functional abilities and physical demands analysis to ensure return to work plans are appropriate;
• File Form 7 and appeal claims through WSIB process;
• Conduct ergonomic assessments as needed; and
• Be an active member of the JHSC.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Excellent knowledge in disability procedures, policies and legislation;
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB, Employment Standards, Human Rights Code, Privacy Act and policy and processes that may affect the decision;
• Attendance Management knowledge in both unionized and non-unionized environment;
• Strong problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills;
• Proven strong organizational skills and strong focus on prioritization; ability to multi-task and manage claims and deadlines;
• Broad knowledge of medical terminology an asset;
• Knowledge of ergonomic principles an asset; and
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Experience and Education:
• Minimum of 3 years previously related experience in disability management including WSIB claims management; and
• Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety Management or equivalent.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please let us know what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.