Time commitment varies depending on the number and duration of events, programs throughout the year. Ideally, no more than 5 hours a month.
Toronto (GTA), Peel Region, York Region, Durham Region , Barrie, Simcoe/Muskoka, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, St. Catharines, Kitchener, Hamilton, Burlington, Stratford, London, Windsor, Ottawa, Kingston, Peterborough, etc.
Want to be involved in storytelling in pictures or videos?
We are currently seeking a volunteer photographer and/or videographer who has the capacity to donate their time to the CNIB Foundation throughout the year.
Provide professional-grade images of:
- People who are blind or partially sighted participating in community outings and CNIB Foundation programming/activities;
- Profile pictures of participants to accompany stories;
- Philanthropy (Fundraising) events;
- Community Events & Conferences;
- and volunteers at work;
This position would ideally suit:
- A student/start up photographer looking to build their portfolio/experience
- An experienced photographer looking for a volunteering opportunity
Benefits to be gained:
- Share experiences with fellow volunteers
- Experience an interesting variety of work
- Widen your skills base
- Professionals may promote themselves
- Good photography skills – skilled enthusiast to professional
- Experience photographing events such as award ceremonies, galas, some action shots, some portraits
- Produce images suitable for promotional materials
- Confidence, ability, and experience with groups
- Ability to work alone
- Basic computer skills, including file transfers
- Ability to take direction where necessary
- Well-developed customer service and problem-solving skills
- Exercise judgement and work without supervision
- A friendly and approachable manner