The CNIB Helpline
We’re only a phone call away
CNIB Helpline: 1-800-563-2642
If you or someone you know is experiencing vision loss, CNIB can help.
The CNIB Helpline provides you with immediate and confidential support in both official languages. Many of our Helpline staff are blind or partially sighted themselves, and all are trained to assist you in accessing programs and services to help meet your needs.
Our Helpline staff can:
- respond quickly and supportively to your call.
- refer you to a CNIB support group where you’ll receive emotional support from other people who understand the impact of vision loss on everyday life.
- direct you to the CNIB services that can help you achieve your goals.
- provide information about helpful aids and products that can make life with vision loss easier, like magnifiers, large-print phones or talking watches.
- help you access the CNIB Library, home to more than 80,000 titles in alternative formats like braille, audio as well as magazines and described video.
- link you directly to your local CNIB office for further support and information about resources in your area.
The Helpline is open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST. You can also leave a message outside these hours and we’ll get back to you the next business day.
- Interpreters can be arranged for most languages.
- All calls are confidential.
- Calls may be recorded or monitored for quality and training purposes.
If you’d prefer to contact us by email, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Fundraising and donation inquiries
If you have a question about fundraising or making a donation to CNIB, you can also call the CNIB Helpline at 1-800-563-2642, and we’ll connect you with a helpful member of our donor services team.
Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.