Lake Joseph Centre
CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront facility located in the Muskoka region, providing a unique blend of recreation and vision rehabilitation in a safe, inclusive environment where guide dogs are welcome. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. There, a wide range of programs are available to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
What You Need to Know
- All one-week packages at Lake Joe include meals, shared accommodations, on-site programming (canoeing, kayaking, waterskiing and sailing), land and water activities, and evening programs.
- Off-site trips are offered during each adult week at an additional cost, depending on the excursion.
- Also unique to Lake Joe, the Lake Joe Wellness Centre staff can help guests who require assistance with medications. The Centre also caters to many dietary requirements and specifications.
- CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre, local CNIB offices across Ontario and the Lions of Ontario work together to provide financial assistance to Ontario residents who would like to visit Lake Joe.
How to Apply
Registration is a two-part process. Pre-registration with a deposit will secure your spot at Lake Joe. Then, we’ll send you a package with payment options in your chosen format to complete your registration.
CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
4 Joe Finley Way, RR #1
MacTier, ON P0C 1H0
Toll Free: 1-877-748-4028
Executive Director, ON-North, CNIB
Extension: 5415 Email: Monique.Pilkington@cnib.ca
Facility Operator, CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
Extension: 5507 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come visit us! Lake Joe is nestled in the heart of the Muskoka District in MacTier, Ontario, two hours north of Toronto and just south of Parry Sound, on Lake Joseph Road (formerly Hwy 69).
If you are travelling north from Toronto:
- Take Hwy 400 north toward Parry Sound.
- Stay on Hwy 400/169 when the highway splits (to the right)
- Keep going North past Port Severn.
- Take exit 189/Lake Joseph Road and travel north past the Hwy 169 cutoff (don’t turn!)
- Lake Joe is located 5 km north on the right-hand side of Lake Joseph Road (look for Joe Finley Way.).
If you are travelling south from Sudbury:
- Follow Hwy 400 past Parry Sound
- Take exit 207: Hwy 69/Lake Joseph Road
- Follow to Lake Joseph Road South
- Pass by Gordon Bay Marina
- Lake Joe is located on the left-hand side on Lake Joseph Road (look for Joe Finley Way)
- If you have reached the Hwy 169 cutoff you have just missed us!