Founded in 1918, CNIB is one of Canada’s oldest and most respected charities. For 98 years, the organization has been Canada’s primary source of support for people who are blind or partially sighted, providing crucial vision loss rehabilitation services to thousands of Canadians each day.
With a dedicated team of approximately 700 staff members and thousands of volunteers across the country, CNIB is proud to be there, every step of the way, for people who are blind or partially sighted and their families, from the crucial early childhood years through adulthood and into the autumn of life. We also work diligently to increase public understanding of vision health, and to advocate proudly for an inclusive society where no citizen is left behind, regardless of vision loss.
CNIB has ambitious goals for the future. Through our new strategic plan, CNIB is working to ensure that every Canadian who is blind or partially sighted has access to the full range of services they need to increase their independence and have more control over their own lives.
For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
First Year Salary $550/week
May 2017 to September 2017 (possibility of Fall contract extension)
CNIB's Lake Joseph Centre (MacTier, ON)
CNIB’s Lake Joseph Centre (commonly known as “Lake Joe”) is a fully accessible lakefront residential facility located in the Muskoka region of Ontario, providing a unique blend of recreation, skills training, social interaction, and personal discovery in a safe, inclusive environment. Two hours north of Toronto, Lake Joe stretches over 12.5 acres of waterfront property on the northwest corner of beautiful Lake Joseph. Staff and volunteers provide a wide range of high quality programs to people of all ages who are living with vision loss.
The Program Coordinator will ensure the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre guest experience is best executed. This position works with the management team to build upon and maintain the highest level guest and staff experience for those involved with the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre. This person will provide assistance with the coordination and facilitation of guest programming, staff and volunteer training, staff and volunteer functions, guest complaints and experience, and ensuring the overall best experience for the guests, staff and volunteers here at Lake Joe.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Assist in training, coaching, and ensuring support and development of all staff and volunteers
• Provide support in planning, scheduling and implementing of Lake Joe programs
• Communicate and update staff, volunteers and guest of any changes to the programs
• Work with staff and volunteers to make continuous improvements on the centre’s communication system
• Ensure all equipment and supplies are in good working condition and that there are appropriate supplies for the planned activities
• Connect with each staff on a weekly basis to ensure job satisfaction
• Assist with the maintenance of attendee list and tracking attendance for all programs
• Coordinate and oversee staff and volunteer events
• Promote and encourage participation in ongoing recreation programs through endorsement of activities to guests
• Attend programs to ensure superior job performance & guest satisfaction
• Ensure that feedback from all programs are recorded and reported for management team
• Ensure that all staff/volunteers participating in Lake Joe programs understand their role before, during and after the program
• Prepare weekly write ups for meetings with clear descriptions of programs, including time and costs, if applicable
• Complete staff performance reviews
• Record weekly summaries of staff performance
• Ensure staff/volunteer motivators are delivered in variety and consistently
• Implement training for staff and volunteers
• Assist with recruitment, onboarding and training of volunteers
• Champion a Culture of Volunteerism by supporting an environment where volunteers are welcomed, respected and valued members of the team
• Facilitate site tours, program descriptions, and role expectations of volunteers upon arrival
• Participate in the coordination of all dining room duties and responsibilities; including serving
• Work with management team continually build upon positive group dynamics
• Participate in all required change over duties
• Work flexible camp hours
• Ability to live on site for the duration of the contract
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative of the role, but aren’t exhaustive and may be subject to change as required.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills
• Mature and professional attitude
• Organized and detail oriented
• Good command of relevant computer applications and office experience is an asset
• Knowledge and experience in recreation programs and settings
• Ability to work in a team setting and independently
• current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check (within 6 months of start date)
• Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
• NLS an asset
• Pleasure Craft Operator Card an asset
• G Class license and willingness to obtain F Class driver’s license (Lake Joe will assist with this process) with a current and clean drivers abstract an asset
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management practices, principles, and facilities administration
• Ability to plan and coordinate trips and transportation
Closing Date for Applications:
Resumes will be reviewed on an on-going basis until March 31, 2017 for a May 2017 start date.
Please Send Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. CNIB is committed to following recruitment and selection practices based on merit, transparency, accessibility and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment with CNIB.
To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please state in your cover letter what accommodation you require and CNIB will work with you to meet your needs at every stage of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.