CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
DATE: May 23, 2013
Job Title: Evaluations & Research Assistant
Term: Full Time Term
13 weeks (June – August 2013)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
This position will provide a college or university student the opportunity to gain experience and apply practical skills to research projects including outcome evaluation. This position includes providing support to project leaders, conducting both quantitative and qualitative research, and producing documents for presentation to the divisional management team.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
1. Collecting quantitative and qualitative data through survey and/or focus group projects.
2. Producing reports of research findings for analysis.
3. Assisting with the continuous quality improvement process by revising measurement tools.
4. Assisting with research and preparation of written proposals, reports and funding documents, as needed.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Registered in a University Program in one of the following areas: communications, social work, social services
· Previous experience with evaluations
· Highly developed writing and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently
· Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
· Applicants will require a criminal record check prior to offer of employment.
Salary information: $14.00/hour
Closing date for applications: May 29, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss