CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642
DATE: August 17, 2012
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Youth and Adult Transition (Internal Posting Only)
TERM: Full Time (35 hours a week)
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
This position is responsible for coordinating all youth and adult sub-programs that include activities, workshops, group gatherings and work/volunteer opportunities that will help them obtain the skills to adequately endure milestones and life transitions. In covering a broad range of duties, the emphasis of this position is to provide direction and support to the youth and adult services area.
Responsibilities include working with youth strategists, educational institutions, employers and community professionals and other stakeholders in promoting youth as potential candidates for involvement at various levels including volunteerism, employment and leadership opportunities within their communities.
This position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement informational workshops for community agencies and community groups
- Collaborate and consult with government agencies and other potential funding sources to secure appropriate job training, educational supports and equipment subsidies for individual clients
- Provide direct marketing of youth who are blind or partially sighted for volunteer position, job shadowing or employment to employers
- Develop and disseminate promotional materials to potential Employers, Career Fairs and Trade Shows
2. Client Development
- Assist youth and adult clients in developing career plans that may including educational and/or employment goals, volunteering and job shadows
- Develop and deliver workshops/training sessions for youth and adult clients as per need
- Conduct labour market research and provide information to individuals on current employment trends, educational
- Initiate referrals for both internal and external support and training services as appropriate
- School transitioning with youth clients from high school to post-secondary or work
3. Computer Program Instruction
- Instruct youth and adult clients in various computer software programs using an individual’s preferred adaptive technology with the focus of strengthening confidence and knowledge
- Maintain client notes and interactions in EVRR system
- Various administration duties including file documentation
- Develop and maintain an employer/volunteer database
QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE)
· Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
· Able to build strong relationship and able to engage individuals and groups
- Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature, as well as possess emotional and social stability when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss
· Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and privacy
· Must be organized, self motivated, flexible and creative
Education and Experience
· Post secondary degree in the human services with a specialization in Career Counselling or Job Development
· Minimum three years professional experience in a related field, preferably relating to persons with disabilities.
· Experience facilitating and teaching individuals in an one on one and group environment
· Knowledge and ability to teach Microsoft office programs as well as adaptive software an asset
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when required
· Ability to work both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team environment.
· Able to travel when/if required
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience.
Closing Date for Applications: August 23, 2012
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss
CNIB is an Equal Opportunity Employer